1. I, the teacher, will provide a safe, clean, relevant, rigorous learning experience, according to my knowledge and experience as an Artist, Educator, and Community Member. 2. I, the teacher, will treat students fairly, consistently, and appropriately. 3. I, the teacher, will evaluate all students equally based on the set criteria and standards of the course.
Expectations of the Teacher
1. All students will work to their own best ability and continually strive to grow and improve in their understanding and skill of the subject. 2. All students will treat each other and the staff of New West Charter with respect and courtesy. 3. All students are responsible for their own actions and consequences.
Rules & Consequences
R & C’s have been created to assist in the successful learning and safety of all students. All New West Charter policies will be followed as outlined in the New West website. It is your responsibility to be aware of these policies. Specific details for this Art class listed below... 1. Electronics, Gaming devices, etc. are NOT permitted to be used or displayed during class, without permission. Consequences will include: 1. Cell phone given to Principal for student to pick up after school, 2. Cell phone given to principal & parent picks up, 3. Cell phone given to Principal for the duration of the school year. Cell Phone use may be earned for music with headphones during studio time. Cell phones may be used for drawing items or photos of your artwork. All other use is forbidden during the class period. Students are allowed to ask permission to step outside to make an emergency call, if needed, by office phone only.
2. All dress code policies of New West Charter will be followed, including removal of any articles of clothing that are not uniform compliant. Loaner shirts will be provided for the day.
3. Inappropriate language, such as; cussing, putdowns and other derogatory terms will not be tolerated. Consequences include; 1. Verbal Warning 2. Lunch Conference & home contact 3. Office Referral and home contact.
4. Students are to stay on task and in their own work areas during class. It is expected that students will continually endeavor to increase skill and practice of the subject during class time. Teacher critiques and suggestions are for improvement of work and not a personal criticism of the student. Students that do not work the entire class time will have a home contact & risk falling behind on projects, causing grade to drop. Students have assigned seats and may not change seats w/o permission.
5. Restroom use is a privilege and restricted to class time after first 15 minutes and before last 15 minutes. Excessive time out/wandering (>10 minutes) will result in lunch conference & loss of privilege. Other outside class business must be taken care of during students’ personal time.
Absences, Extra Credit & Late Work...
Excused absences/suspensions will require make up work to be done at home (5 days max.) UnExcused absences will not have extra time allotted. According to New West Policies, NO late work will be accepted. The student must replace missing or lost work. A student will be considered tardy if not in assigned seat during attendance taking. Students that participate in New West Sports, and are absent the day a project is due, need to turn it in prior to leaving campus. Extra credit is not available.
I, the teacher, have the right to alter the expectations of this class as needed to improve learning outcomes of the individuals involved.
What My Students Are Saying
"This class lets me express my thoughts through out my artworks. I love the projects we do because they challenge me to expand my imagination." -Litzy
" I love this class, I'm learning new things everyday in this class. I feel like I can take on the new techniques and challenges that come my way." -Patrick