This is a FREE beginner course looking at the application of shape, line weight, and pattern, while preserving atmospheric perspective on a stylized landscape.
Course Link to Skillshare
About the Project:
The objective of this class is to create a stylized landscape line drawing. Students will be working from photo reference. Projects will need to have a Foreground, Middle ground, and Background. Projects must have variance of line weight, pattern, and atmospheric perspective.
1. Find landscape reference & print
2. Sketch your overall layout. Focus on foreground, middle ground and background.
3. Block in your basic shapes of your landscape elements. Think about how you will simplify organic shapes such as trees, bushes, rocks, cacti, etc.
4. Add pattern. Remember items in the foreground will have more details than those in the background.
5. Make some of your lines thicker to bring emphasis to your focal point or to add eye movement.
6. Share your art piece and comment on your peer's artwork!
Thin & Thick tip sharpie (Or Micron Ink Pens of Varying Weight)
What Our Parents are Saying
"Thank you for your mad art talents, time, enthusiasm, organization and support your give our budding artists. You make it a favorite part of Lila's day." - Parent
"Ava has learned so much from you, she has definitely grown as an artist both conceptually and in her execution. Thank you so much for all that you do, you’re an amazing teacher!" -Parent
What My Students Are Saying
"This class lets me express my thoughts through out my artworks. I love the projects we do because they challenge me to expand my imagination." -Litzy