This is a FREE beginner course looking at the application of shape, line weight, and pattern, while preserving atmospheric perspective on a stylized landscape.
Course Link to Skillshare
About the Project:
The objective of this class is to create a stylized landscape line drawing. Students will be working from photo reference. Projects will need to have a Foreground, Middle ground, and Background. Projects must have variance of line weight, pattern, and atmospheric perspective.
1. Find landscape reference & print
2. Sketch your overall layout. Focus on foreground, middle ground and background.
3. Block in your basic shapes of your landscape elements. Think about how you will simplify organic shapes such as trees, bushes, rocks, cacti, etc.
4. Add pattern. Remember items in the foreground will have more details than those in the background.
5. Make some of your lines thicker to bring emphasis to your focal point or to add eye movement.
6. Share your art piece and comment on your peer's artwork!
Thin & Thick tip sharpie (Or Micron Ink Pens of Varying Weight)